- IMDiversity.com Career Center & Multicultural Villages
- Joined company as editorial consultant in 1998 to develop the Asian-American channel for "Minorities' Job Bank," precursor to IMDiversity.com. The "Asian American Village" became the highest trafficked channel of expansive, multi-audience, multicultural Villages network. Went on to serve as network Editor-in-Chief, Director of Online Content for all company sites, then a company Vice President. Managed editorial staff, worked with third party service and technology providers, oversaw platform and CMS migrations, developed private-label projects directly for clients and partners. Employer: IMDiversity, Inc.
Developed Asian American Village, highest-trafficked ethnic channel
Served as Editor-in-Chief, IMDiversity.com, twice named Yahoo! Internet Life's "Best Equal Opportunity Site"
Served as Director of Online Content for IMDiversity.com and The Black Collegian Online; led Editorial Dept. through company's rebranding, two server migrations, and conversion of site to PHP format using Joomla CMS
Served as VP Marketing & Community Outreach for IMDiversity, Inc.; increased site traffic, search engine rankings, partnerships, job bank usage, resume submissions, banner impressions
Provided leadership upon headquarters' emergency evacuation from New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina and served as post-Katrina interim editor for The Black Collegian Magazine
For additional information, projects, friends and references, etc., find me on
- IMDiversity Employment Opportunity Network (EON)
- As VP, developed multicultural organization networking program to provide co-branded, diversity-oriented job search functionality and job-seeker tools to in-community media, Website publishers, and non-profit groups to drastically increase company's online resume database and promote royalty-free cooperative content sharing. Employer: IMDiversity, Inc.
- Rennie-Peyton Consulting - London
- In creating her first online home for the noted, workplace training expert and book author, our end-to-end services included site planning, domain management, hands-on site creation and webmastering, and beyond. Working with her agency, then planned content strategy for both populating the site, and for off-site placements to expand promotional reach of this U.K.-based consultant and public speaker to U.S. markets. Contracting Agency: Anthony Sarankin Media Services: anthony.sarankin (AT) virgin.net
- Elk Run Enterprises - Viola, WI
- Retained to help small business proprietor "take it the next level" by collecting existing marketing collateral from his previous offline and rudimentary, hobbyist-level efforts such as postings to AOL community areas and packaging into new site. Planned hosting and software purchases, implemented design and launch of small, self-managed web site for insurance business and hospitality businesses to support offline media and brochure promotions.
- University of Wisconsin Center for International Education - Milwaukee
- Retained to create integrated online and print design scheme for international technology conference including promotional poster, brochure cover and Web materials. Built "mini-site" or channel for conference to be self-contained and uniquely styled, while liaising with staff to simultaneously ensure conformity with University's strict web accessibility and formatting guidelines, and delivered site for integration directly into existing department web site. Director: Patrice Petro, ppetro (AT) uwm.edu
- Two Wheel Tango - Ann Arbor
- Retained by marketing director to assess and report on usability issues for Ann Arbor retail shop's promotional web site, TwoWheelTango.com, in preparation for first design upgrade to existing business site. Director of Marketing: Frances Wang, fkwang (AT) aol.com
- 80-20 Initiative - National P.A.C.
- Conducted research and reported on MAPS-compliant e-mail outreach strategies for young political action organization whose mission to publicize political issues in presidential elections, and drive membership and fundraising online was featured as exemplary in the book, Click on Democracy. Also redesigned select informational pages and created co-branded jobs database search component for integration into Web site content areas.
- APA Artist for Kerry - National
- With partners, planned and managed network of Web sites and tools to serve as promotional and communications infrastructure for high-pressure, grassroots multicultural media and voter education and mobilization campaign by coalition of individuals and organizations during 2004 national elections. Components integrated and managed included email database lists, text and audio blog channels for real-time news reporting and PSA recording, teleconferencing, recording and editing audio for Web streaming, and creation, publication and viral dissemination of content including PSAs, logistical voter information, op-eds and feature articles, broadcast media bookings, organized phone-banking, real-world rallies organizing, more.